Thursday, 30 April 2015

Nicki Minaj Inspired Nails

Hey Everyone!
I intended to get this post up last week but things have been so hectic for me with the upcoming exams I have at sixth form, so blogging has been put on the back burner so to speak. Anyway, I still wanted to get this design up because it is something unusual and something I haven't tried before.
A couple of weeks ago Nicki Minaj posted the following nail design on her Instagram:
A photo posted by Nicki Minaj (@nickiminaj) on
I was lacking ideas for my nails as it was and so I thought, why not try an inspired nail look? Especially since a lot of conversation on social media was circulating about her rumoured engagement. It could be said my design is somewhat toned down as I don't have claw nails, nor did I opt to use the diamonds, however, if you want to, why not!
As you can see I opted for a similar colour scheme and followed suit of the designs. I used a thin striping brush to apply the intricate linear pattern, whilst for the polka dots I used a dotting tool. In my opinion the colours in the design compliment each other very well and I must say they aren't usually colours I would opt to use with each other. This seems like a common thought on the designs as I must say I received many compliments on the unique design.
If you enlarge the image above, this will be more clear, but the silver polish I used is actually a mosaic effects top coat by Avon. If you wish for me to do a more in depth post on this polish in the future, I will, as I also have a red one. However, since I hadn't used the polish for a while, it separated slightly in the bottle which allowed me to use the polish just as a simple silver polish without achieving the mosaic effect which was exactly what I wanted.
I found all the polishes I included in this design were of very good quality with brilliant colour pay off. The teal colour I used on my thumb is one of my new favourites because of the bold, bright appearance. As well as the fact it appears more blue or more green depending upon the lighting.
Hopefully, I'll be able to get more posts up soon as I manage my time better! I don't have too many exams overall and they are nicely spread out so that gives me plenty of time to catch a free period of time to dedicate to blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment