Wednesday, 25 March 2015

McBusted Nails

Hey Everyone!
This weekend I got the chance to see McBusted life which inspired this weeks nail design, McBusted nails, of course! I have to say I have been lucky in having not been suffering from post concert depression for a while, but after Sunday its hit me hard. The boys put on such a good show and the chemistry made the atmosphere all the more enjoyable. So, if you get the chance to go to a McBusted or solo McFly or Busted show, go for it. Those guys were my childhood, basically.
Anyway, onto the nails...
Left To Right: McBusted Logo; Dougie; Tom; Danny; CrackleTo make the design plainly obvious about who the mini figures were I included the logo on my thumb. I made sure the red rectangular outline was applied neatly but not completely opaque so the line was slightly separated to imitate the bands official logo. Likewise for the text within the rectangle, apologies for the inability to see the text so I did my best to explain it.
The first finger was Dougie, clearly represented by his longer hair. Likewise, the middle finger was Tom which can easily be indentified by his glasses, even though, on the night I saw him he had green hair, should've probably checked that. And the next finger was Danny, in order to create the hair for each I used a toothpick and dashed lines to give the hair texture as well as a difference in shade throughout. Unsure of what to do on my little fingers I kept it fairly simple with a crackle polish in the band colours, red on this hand and black on my other.
Left To Right: Crackle; Harry; James; Matt; Initial
The Initial nail was a blessing in disguise, I began using a black striper to draw a heart but that didn't work out. So, using a dry piece of tissue I wiped the polish from the nail that left rustic like grey streaks across the nail. The centre was more white which is why I added the 'M' initial. Even though this wasn't my intention for the nail, I like the way it turned out because the smudges added a unique texture to the nail. 
I kept the facial detail for the figures very simply because I found adding a black pupil spoiled the design and so I kept it plain white. 
For the most part I used the hair to represent the person it is supposed to be by mixing different colours together to create the correct one, which is why the colour palette for this design is fairly neutral.
For the green of Tom's hair I mixed the teal like green colour and yellow W7 polish to create the paler green featured on my nail. However, the green colour intrigues me and I will definitely be featuring it in a future post due to the brightness and uniqueness of the colour. As mentioned, the others are fairly neutral, however, sometimes a neutral nail design works well and in this case it compliments the nail art overall due to its simplicity.
For the added detail on the nails I used the black Emily The Strange striper I talked about in my previous post: here.
Funny story about the W7 white crackle polish featured, I actually have a couple of bottles of this polish because I have been in need of a white polish and have picked it up by accident. Not having read the label. There is an alternative colour of the sticker now which is white with black crackles making it more obvious this isn't a plain white polish. However, I can't complain too much because I personally really like the crackle trend and the effect in which this polish gives. I must say though, that you do have to work carefully with it and definitely wait until the polish is fully dry. Otherwise, it tends to drag the colour beneath it which sometimes leads to the white crackle becoming pigmented a paler colour of the base. This can sometimes be an added bonus since it doubles the use of the product.
The BYS Nail Enamel polish is actually a glow in the dark polish, since it was a concert and I hadn't used it in a while I thought, why not? Again you have to be careful with it since it can drag the polish beneath it, its a pretty thick gloss so its understandable to a certain extent. Although, I don't want to see too much at this point because I intend to do a full review on the polish in the near future.
By the way, if you ever see a polish that I have only used a minimal amount of in a featured design, or have a request for a nail design you'd like to see, don't hesitate to let me know in the comments below as I'm always open to new ideas!

2 comments:

  1. Great post and pictures, I really like the nail art on your nail in the first picture on your little finger!

    Please check out my blog and leave a comment. :)

    I'm following you on Blog Lovin.

    Fleur x

    http://itsmefleur.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm glad you like the design. I'll definitely be sure to check out your own blog!

      Delete