Monday, 26 January 2015

Little Mermaid Inspired

Hey Everyone!
As you can tell by the title of this post, this weeks nails are mermaid inspired, based around the class Disney film of A Little Mermaid. I've been contemplating this idea for a while, but then when I received the polishes picture below I decided they were ideal for this design!
Aren't they beautiful? Barry M Nail Paints are always a yes from me, they're ever so pigmented and opaque. Plus, with such a range of colours there's no room to complain. The polish on the far right is from The Colour Collection, it is a mix of dark blue and purple glitters. I applied both of the glitter polishes over the centre polish and they both make beautiful combinations.
It took two coats of the centre polish earlier to become opaque but since the glitter would be applied over top two of my fingers, I decided to just go with one coat and it looked just as good. As you can see on the ring finger I applied the centre polish and used a W7 Teal polish to add the scales over top. As well as on the tip of my middle finger and repeated the technique.
The polishes pictured above were applied upon the remaining nails to add the Ariel facial details and the body design on the middle finger. 
I am in love with this design, but I will probably regret the amount of glitter I used due to it being a nightmare to remove! However, considering how pretty the colours are, I'm willing to pay the price.

*Edit - 02/02/15* Upon removal of this nail design, although I was worried about the removal of the glitter it wasn't as strenuous as I imagined. I simply wet a paper towel with nail polish remove and wrapped it round my nail to soak the glitters a little. This loosened the glitters nicely and made them fairly easy to remove. Although, the glitters did remove onto my skin so I had to wash my hands to remove the remaining glitters before continuing my manicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment